The content of this talk comes straight out of the book “A Practical Guide to Distributed Scrum”. Teams face many challenges during a Sprint. Some of them, such as requests that seemingly come out of the blue or getting answers to questions from the Product Owner, are common to both collocated and distributed teams. Others such as communication and time zone challenges are more often found with distributed teams.
In this session, Steffan talks about different challenges teams may face during a Sprint and presents different techniques teams can use to help make their their Sprints run more smoothly.
At the end of this talk, the participants will be able to:
- Identify communication challenges teams face and techniques to address them
- Identify what is transparency, why it is important and how to achieve it
- Identify the purpose of the daily scrums and how distributed teams can run them effectively
- Identify the different challenges that can affect the focus of the team during a sprint and how to handle them
- Identify techniques for dealing with stories teams cannot complete during a sprint
- Identify additional challenges distributed teams face and techniques to handle them
This talk is geared towards:
- Scrum Masters
- Project Managers
- Team Members
- Product Owners