I talk and write a lot about co-creative leadership these days. When people ask me to name the key traits of a co-creative leader, I usually list the following five skills:
1. Being a voice among many in the conversation
2. Unleashing the leaders around them
3. Building capacity on their team
4. Dancing with the system around them
5. Encouraging learning by doing
This article is the first in a series that will explore each of the key skills co-creative leaders need to know. The first key skill we will explore together is how to be a voice among many in the conversation.